Self Analysis

What I really want to be doing is moving on to this book.

While I read Dianetics, I find its generalisations, lack of proof, no references and demand that the reader puts on hold any evaluative opinion, to be quite disconcerting and ... well, it is just damn scary so far. To this point it is completely devoid of respectable science and shows no hint of religion. It contradicts itself in a few places and seems to bend with the wind.

Self Analysis was suggested to me by Geir Isene, and seems to be the start of the actual journey. At the moment I feel that reading Dianetics is like reading a badly translated tour guide which is trying to do a bad sales pitch of selling the journey; when what I want to do is hit the trail, smell the air and take in the scenery.

A quick look at the next section states, "Several theories could be postulated as to why the human mind evolved exactly as it did, but these are theories and Dianetics is not concerned with structure." Then why waste a good portion of the book to this point, going through this only to dump it?

To my own mind, it does feel as if I have wasted a deal of good reading time. Dianetics is doing nothing to engage me in its message.
 
TNB | Distributed by Deluxe Templates